Post-Photodynamic Therapy Care Instructions
You have had photodynamic therapy. Redness, tenderness, swelling, peeling and/or burning of the treated area may last three to five days. Any bruising that occurs may last one to two weeks depending on the strength of the treatment.
Please follow the care instructions carefully to obtain best results and avoid any complications.
- Use vinegar/water soaks twice a day as directed.
- Combine one part white vinegar to four parts water.
- Soak a clean cotton washcloth in the vinegar solution and place it on the affected area for five to 10 minutes.
- Pat the area dry.
- Do this twice per day for 10 days.
- Keep the treated area moisturized at all times. If the treated area feels tight it is time to apply moisturizer. We recommend Vanicream with SPF 30 or 60.
- Do not apply any type of glycolic acid, exfoliation products, retinoids or other acne treatments, as this can severely damage or irritate the skin. Stop any anti-aging or products for corrections for 10 days after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure. Use high SPF sunblock to help block harmful UV rays.
- Make sure that you take any medication given for cold sores and/or fever blisters if they are prescribed.
- You may wear your regular makeup immediately after treatment.
- If any blisters or sores form, apply Vaseline to them. If they are painful or worsen, notify the office immediately. Do not allow scabs to form.