Fraxel CO2 Laser
Fraxel CO2 Laser after care instructions
In order to assure proper and satisfactory results following your Fraxel laser procedure, we recommend the following after care measures.
- The skin will be very sensitive immediately following treatment. You MUST avoid sun exposure during the healing and peeling process in order to avoid unwanted pigmentation issues.
- Apply cold compresses to the affected area and keep the head elevated throughout the next 48 hours to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Cleanse the skin with a gentle, non-drying cleanser (like Cetaphil, CeraVe or SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser) in the morning and evening.
- Keep the affected area moisturized at all times with Cetaphil, CeraVe or SkinCeuticals Epidermal Repair mixed with Vaseline or Aquaphor to avoid discomfort or excessive dryness.
- The skin MUST be protected with sunblock with SPF 30 or higher and a wide-brimmed hat when outdoors.
- Do not pick the skin when it begins to peel in order to avoid scarring.