Everyone wants youthful, radiant skin at any age. Advanced Dermatology can show you the way to beautiful skin by focusing first on your skin’s health. Based on our advanced surgical and medical dermatology services, we offer an equally strong range of cosmetic dermatology procedures and treatments. From medical to cosmetic, every step we take is a commitment to restoring and maintaining the health of your skin. Our cosmetic services include:
- Botox, Dysport and Xeomin Injection Therapy
- Cosmetic Mole and Skin Tag Removal
- Laser Photorejuvenation and Facials
- Laser Treatment for Vascular Lesions and Spider Veins
- Lip Augmentation
- Photodynamic Therapy for Acne
Botox, Dysport and Xeomin Injection Therapy
Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are or purified proteins that relax the muscles into which they are injected. This relaxation may be partial or complete, depending on the amount of product used and on the relative strength of the muscle into which they are injected. The relaxation produced by Botox, Dysport or Xeomin is temporary (usually three to six months), as the treated muscle will gradually “wake up” over time.
Click here to read our blog post for more information about Botox.
Cosmetic Mole and Skin Tag Removal
Moles are dark spots or irregularities found in the skin. They come in various shapes and sizes and can appear anywhere on the skin, from the nose and other facial areas to the arms and chest areas. Moles may appear in groups or by themselves. They can be present at birth, or can begin to appear over time. Some moles go unnoticed, and some, like facial "beauty marks," are actually considered attractive. However, moles are bothersome to some people, and can even lead to dangerous health risks.
Mole removal, whether by laser or other surgical procedures, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that provides a solution to people with the desire to improve their appearance and reduce associated health risks.
Skin tags, also known as Acrochordons or Cutaneous Papilloma, are harmless skin growths, typically appearing in the adult years of life among many healthy and normal people. In common descriptions, skin tags are flesh-colored projections that appear as small pieces of hanging skin growths. Due to the awkward appearance of the larger growths, skin tag removal is common. Although their appearance may vary a little for individual tags, most skin tags are either smooth, just a little wrinkled or irregular. The color of most skin tags is either the same as that of the body flesh (skin) or a little more brown than the surrounding skin.
- Lightening and removing "sun spots," "age spots," and brown blotches on the face, neck, chest, hands and other areas of the body
- Lightening and reducing redness, rosacea, dilated blood vessels and "broken" blood vessels on the face, neck and chest
- Helping to control flushing
- It also has a lesser effect of improving skin texture through collagen stimulation and improves pore size minimally by temporarily reducing oiliness.
Photorejuvenation, when done properly, almost always consists of a series of three to five treatments, usually one every three to six weeks. The benefits of photorejuvenation treatments are achieved with little discomfort and minimal risk.
The laser facial is an FDA-approved approach to healthy and vibrant-looking skin (even skin that's been damaged by acne scarring). This non-invasive procedure simply warms the upper dermis, which reduces wrinkles, visible facial blood vessels, acne scars, rosacea, sun damage and large pores, as well as diffuses redness. Far gentler than traditional laser therapies, most patients see results of their laser facials within four to six treatments.
Laser TX Treatment: Before & After of Vascular Birthmark Patient
Laser Treatment for Vascular Lesions and Spider Veins
The laser provides controlled selective thermolysis to vascular lesions, including Telangiectasias (facial veins) and leg veins up to 4mm in diameter. If you wish to get more information on laser treatment for these cosmetic issues, call to schedule a consultation at ADSCA.
Latisse is a prescription drug that is applied to the base of eyelashes to generate longer lashes. Latisse keeps hairs in the growth phase, which produces longer, darker and thicker eyelashes. Latisse is a lower concentration of the drug Lumigan.
Click here to read our blog for more information about Latisse.
Lip augmentation creates fuller, plumper lips and reduces fine wrinkles around the mouth. Lips may be injected with hylaronic acid fillers, collagen or with fat transferred from another site in the patient's body. All fillers are absorbed and repeat treatments are necessary to maintain results. Newer, longer-lasting options include implantable materials like AlloDerm and SoftForm.
- Juvederm® - Juvederm XC injectable gel is for injection into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur and temporarily add volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth. Juvederm Voluma XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults older than 21.
- Restylane® - The Restylane family of products includes Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane Silk, Perlane and Perlane-L. Restylane, Restylane-L, Perlane and Perlane-L can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Restylane, Restylane-L and Restylane Silk may also be used for lip enhancement in patients older than 21.
- Belotero® - Belotero Balance is a prescription injection that is approved to temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate-to-severe nasolabial folds (the folds or wrinkles that go from the side of hte nose to the corner of the mouth.
- Radiesse® - Radiesse dermal filler is the ideal choice for total facial contouring. Studies show that Radiesse lasts up to 18 months. Dr. Patel is specially trained on the use of Radiesse to help with under-eye circles and cheek augmentation. It can restore a healthy, youthful appearance, enhance existing features, help patients defy age and gravity and increase confidence – all without invasive surgery or scarring.
- Sculptra® - A new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps replace lost collagen. Sculptra helps correct wrinkles and folds that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen, and typically works with a series of treatments over a few months.
- Bellafill/ArteFill® - A unique injectable filler for the correction of wrinkles known as nasolabial folds (smile lines) and the only dermal filler on the market approved for the correction of moderate to severe atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheek in patients older than 21.
Click here to read our blog post for more information on fillers.
Ultherapy - Ultrasound Skin Tightening
The proprietary Ultherapy procedure is the only non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that uses ultrasound and the body's own natural healing process to lift and tighten loose skin on the eyebrow, neck and under the chin. Read below to learn more about Ultherapy, or click here to read our blog post on the subejct.
The only FDA-cleared procedure to lift skin on these hard-to-treat areas, Ultherapy uses the safe, time-tested energy of ultrasound to stimulate the deep structural support layers of the skin - including those typically addressed in a surgical facelift - without disturbing the surface of the skin.
Click below or here to see How the Ultherapy Treatment Works from Ultherapy on Vimeo.
Natural, Noticeable Results
Now there's a way to stand firm in the face of gravity on your terms. With Ultherapy, there's no downtime, no foreign substances, no radical change; just a healthy revving-up on the inside for a natural, noticeable effect on the outside.
With Ultherapy, you can go about your day after a single, 60 to 90-minute in-office procedure. You may notice a short-term "boost," but the natural process of creating new, more elastic collagen builds over time - much like the effect that exercise has on building muscle (but without the multiple workouts!).
The Beauty of Ultherapy
Results will unfold over the course of two to three months. Some patients have reported continued improvement for up to six months, including lifting of the skin on the neck, under the skin and on the brow. While ultrasound does not duplicate the results of surgery, Ultherapy has proven to be an inviting alternative for those who are not yet ready for surgery.
- Laxity of the facial skin
- Sagging skin around the jaw line (jowls)
- Loose neck skin
- Wilting brow
- Puffiness around the eyes
Patient instructions before treatment:
- No aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory products for seven to 10 days prior to procedure
- No fish oil/omega oils for seven to 10 days is ideal before procedure
- Arrive an hour early for medication prior to treatment
CoolSculpting is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat reduction treatment available that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise. The results are proven, noticeable and lasting, so you'll look great from every angle.
Ideal CoolSculpting candidates have stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise, such as "muffin tops," "spare tire" or other area that just won't go away. It's a quick procedure that requires no downtime, and it works for both men AND women. Click here to watch a video about the science behind CoolSculpting.
After your physician determines that you are a candidate for CoolSculpting, you will decide together which areas should be treated. On the day of your appointment, the device will be positioned on your body and controlled cooling will be applied. During the procedure you may read, check email or even take a nap!
Some patients may find that multiple procedures will provide the best results, but you and your physician can make that decision together. Because CooSculpting is completely non-surgical, there is no downtime after the procedure.
In the months and weeks that follow, you'll begin to see the results as your body naturally eliminates the unwanted fat cells.
Photodynamic Therapy for Acne (PDT)
Photodynamic Therapy is the quickest, most effective way to control acne and clear the skin. It does not require dangerous oral medication or long-term dosing of antibiotics that requires strict compliance and can create antibiotic resistance and other complications.
How It Works
PDT controls resistant, hard-to-treat active acne by combining light and a special light-activated solution that targets and destroys acne activity. PDT also diminishes older acne scars, leaving your skin smoother. We advise two to three treatments at two to three week intervals to obtain optimal results. Particularly severe cases may require five sessions for the most complete control.
What To Expect
PDT does have side effects that may include:
Redness and peeling: Your skin will be red and you will have some skin peeling (and crusting in some instances) for several days after the treatment. Usually, the first day or two are the worst. However, these side effects are a small sacrifice for the major improvements you will see.
Staying Inside: You must remain indoors for at least 48 hours following your treatment to avoid the sun, as your skin is photosensitive during that time and sun exposure could cause severe burns. Topical acne lotions can be used in between your Levulan treatments once the redness has settled down over a period of a few days – but only with Dr. Patel's guidance.
Camouflaging redness: Pressed mineral-based powder will hide most of the redness and is suitable for both males and females, as it does not “look” like makeup. There are a number of brands you can choose from in department stores and drug stores. We don’t recommend liquid products that may contain oils or waxes.